The BLUE KNIGHTS ® is a non-profit fraternal organization consisting of active and retired law enforcement men & women who enjoy riding motorcycles.
In the Spring of 1974, several law enforcement officers* from the Bangor, Maine (USA) area met and and formed a small, local motorcycle club. The rest, as they say, is history. Soon, Blue Knight chapters were being formed in Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and beyond. With the addition of Canada, and later Australia, the Blue Knights became an international organization.
*Our Founding Fathers are: Joel Rudom, Bill Robinson, Doug Miner, Ed Gallant, Mike Hall, Chuck Gesner, Wayne Labree, Chuck Shuman
We have 628 chapters with over 20,000 members, within 25 countries and we are growing each day.
According to the By-Laws, our purposes and goals are to:
1. Provide for the mutual assistance, enjoyment, entertainment, education, physical, mental and social benefit of its members and the general public.
2. To promote and advance the sport of motorcycling and the safety of motorcycling.
3. To serve the interests of motorcycle owners and users.
4. To promote by example and any other acceptable means, safe use, operation and enjoyment of motorcycles.
5. To develop a fraternal spirit between law enforcement personnel and the general public.
Many Blue Knights work long and hard to raise money for various charities. Especially near to our hearts is helping children. The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, Make-a-Wish Foundation, Toys for Tots, D.A.R.E., and Concerns of Police Survivors are some examples of our favorites.
As of January 2012 the Blue Knights have donated to numerous charities and have contributed time and monetary and gift donations in the amount exceeding $15.6 Million (USD).
We're the good guys!
The Blue Knights is a family fraternity. Spouses and children often accompany our members to the various rides and functions. When traveling, local members can provide assistance, directions and sometimes a place to stay. We are truly a family.
Among the Blue Knight members,
"There are no strangers, only friends you haven't met."
***The Southwest Conference is the organizational collection of multiple chapters located in the United States, specifically Arizona, southern California, Colorado, southern Nevada, New Mexico, and western Texas.***